Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Here we go!


It's no secret, I've always had a love/hate (leaning more on the side of hate) relationship with running, I'll admit it. When I lived in Italy I thought of every excuse in the book not to run, and I let my insecurities get the best of me. Since I've been home I decided to turn it into a source of strength for me, a way to release negative energy and get healthy. And while I'm not going to be running a marathon anytime soon (key word- soon), I have officially signed up for my first 5k in over 10 years (eek!) in a few weeks! I'm so excited and so nervous, but I'm doing it with this beautiful woman so I know I'm in good hands.

This is my challenge, my personal goal and I'm sharing my training for the next few weeks before the race, mainly to keep myself accountable so don't expect any cute pictures, but I hope this can be a source of encouragement and even something as simple as running, can remind you of life's greatest lessons.

what running has taught me (so far...)
*I can do anything I set my mind too, I can never forget that or lose sight of that again.
*Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do, but we know in the end it's going to be good for us so why not put on a smile and go for it. The hardest part is always getting started.
*Only you can choose to give up and not finish the race, but I choose to finish...even if I have to walk to the finish line.
*You're going to run into obstacles, thankfully thats what running buddies are for.
*Keep your head up. You never know where you're going or what you're going to run into if you don't keep your head up, even if it's only to the end of the block.
*Running makes me feel confident and sexy. Another plus, when you can fit back into those super skinny jeans...you know, the ones you've held onto thinking one day you'll fit into them, and the new found confidence you get once you do.
*God and music fill my soul.

My workout schedule:
Starting the week off with a 2 mile run, 2 mile walk for the next five days.

My workout mix this week:
LCD Soundsystem
Wolf Parade- What did my lover say
Black Keys- Tighten Up & Howlin' For You
Sleigh Bells
Miike Snow- Cult Logic
The Knife- Heartbeats
The Rapture- Whoo! Alright

1 comment:

  1. Cheering you on one mile at a time from Tahoe. You should run the half marathon here next september!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails