Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012



While I love blogging, finding the time (and my renegade missions to find a computer) are often failures. But alas, I will continue to try my best. I've been thinking really about the direction that I want to take this blog. Most of it I feel has been about my healing and the next chapter in my life. I still debate about how much I want to share, how much I really want to open up about. The reality is, God has given me this testimony. And I'll be real, I've been praying about how best to share it. Not here per say, but in general. 


I can't imagine it being any coincidence that in our small groups at church that that is exactly what we're working on doing now. There's a road in it for me to share. I have no clue where it will take me or really how best to tell it, but I know in my heart that there's purpose in it. An awesome purpose.


New York this round was bitter-sweet, saying goodbye to old friends and running into old memories. And for the first time, I realized how much I missed the community of other Christians. Let me just throw the disclaimer out there- Some Christians (and I believe we all know which ones) have given the rest of us who truly believe the word, a really bad wrap. I might however, have to save that for another post. 


My community is made of friends are there for each other (what a concept!) filled with men who are genuine and true and men who love their wives the way that the bible says (Ephesians 5:25 
A group of marriages that are examples of "rolling up your sleeves" when life gets difficult and ugly but being truthful in it. To be honest, I'm around people that build each other up. My life isn't about drinking every night till the sun comes up or going to concert after concert and having meaningless conversations about politics, but diving into matters that really matter in life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails