Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010


As the new year approaches, I've been spending a lot of time thinking and reflecting back on 2010. 

For me, 2010 started off to be one the best years of my life. In fact, it was my goal that 2010 would be filled with lots of love, happiness, new dreams and new adventures. That reality quickly changed, and life for me was put onto a new road, back home with nothing but two suitcases filled with clothes and a hope that I'd figure out what the hell just happened. But this isn't going to be a post about overwhelming obstacles that God brought into my life in 2010 but rather, the new found promise he gave me.  

The fact of the matter is, while this past year will be known as one of the darkest chapters in my life, it's ending with a light at the end of the tunnel. God has used this time with me to open my eyes, not only to myself, but to the people that are in my life. He has taught me about the selfishness of people, their actions, decisions and how they and I handle temptations and trials. From that, I've learned the true definition of what it is to love, to communicate, to stand by promises and to handle overwhelming trials in life. He has taught me not to be anxious for what lies ahead in my life, but to rejoice in the promise that he's in control (and not me)- to take each challenge that he brings me and look for the lesson that he's trying to teach me through it- to constantly learn and grow because I am loved.

I look forward to 2011 because I know that it won't be perfect. I know that there are a new set of challenges that await me (and not only those that I know about) but with each new challenge I'm bringing a new sense of optimism and confidence with me. Most times things don't have to go down the road the way they do, but in the end I have to give it back up to God and let him work in my life- he hasn't disappointed me yet. 

So 2011, all I have to say is bring it. I'm ready to go!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails