Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Love is...


This week I'm reflecting on the second part of the "love" reflection assignment that love does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.


I try not to get too personal here, but I've been fortunate enough to find an amazing family of friends here at home. Through them and my own family, I've seen some amazing marriages. Actions speak louder than words ever could. Marriage isn't perfect, it isn't meant to be and it isn't meant to be because we're human. But I've seen these couples go through some of life's hardest struggles, and in the end having each others backs. That the definition of commitment doesn't change with each challenging and blessed circumstance of life. Never leaving or forsaking each other but putting the other persons needs first. I see through them have a  love that does not envy, that does not boast and is not proud. A love that's complimentary. I see a sacrificial love for one another, a true commitment that they will be there for one another throughout anything and everything that God has in store for them. The husbands have shown me what and how a husband is to be called to love his wife and her gracious love in return.  


Through that, I've also seen how gracious God's love to them individually and as a couple. They've shown me already my reflection for next week's "love" assignment.  They don't dishonor each other, they're not self-seeking, not easily angered (ok, so we might all struggle with that one) and that they keep no record of wrongs. Forgiveness and grace are beautiful things that are more easy to obtain than most people think, and when we take "ouselves" out of the marriage is when we find the true blessing of it's intention. 

Thank you friends (you know who you are!), for being true examples of what marriage should be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails