Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

I {heart} New York


My whirlwind of a week has finished, and I'm back in sunny southern california.
The week flew by, just as I had expected it to- filled with meetings, press showings, meeting up with friends, networking, living up the reputation of the "city that never sleeps" because I never did.

I'll be honest, I was worried about heading back to New York. Worried that I wouldn't want to leave, that I would completely fall to pieces. Why God is so great, he didn't let that happen to me. He didn't let me break down, but rather just the opposite. I wasn't sad over what I lost but sensed a great strength and was grateful that I had a job that allows me to work in such an amazing city, for the experiences that I shared in that city, that I was able to see the people that we're in part the motivation for wanting to move back and at the end of the day, I still got to come home to my family. New York will always have a piece of my heart, and I guess that's the blessing & curse wrapped into one, that my heart will forever be split into three equal parts for California, New York and Italy.

Getting on the plane back to California, I had a sense of peace, a feeling that I've been longing for for months. I have God to thank for that.

Next challenge, eventually making it back to Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails