Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Well, hello!


To say that I'm overdue posting is an understatement but to be fair it's was quite a summer and one that left me more on the road and in the air than it did at home.

As fall approaches that weather here in California teases us between the two seasons, I'm taking a moment to reflect on how incredibly blessed the past few months (and years..) have been.  June marked the end of a long training session, and I ran my first half marathon! The crazier part, I'm signed up to do it again (...and again...). It's become an addiction of pure adrenaline and conquering any challenge in life. It might be tough, definitely hurts but in the end so worth crossing the finish line.  June also took me up to Napa and some quality time with girlfriends and lots of good wine. Who doesn't love a road trip through the vineyards!

July took me back to Europe. After everything that happened, it was the perfect time to rip away the band aid and head back to a place that hurt so much leaving.  My first stop was in Berlin for their Fashion Week and meeting with editors and agencies. I think the true highlight however was getting to speak Italian at a company dinner. Any chance to listen, practice and especially speak...even if in Germany, I'll take.  No time for sightseeing this time, but I have a feeling there will be more trips in the future.   The way back we stopped in London for another round of meetings. London, like many cities, holds a special place in my heart and even though I've been there countless times, I still find the eagerness to get up early and explore the city as if I were seeing it for the first time.

August was a whirlwind of weddings and traveling for work. Flying over to New York to celebrate Whitney & Russ  at the most amazing fairy tale of a castle to flying back to Tahoe for Tiara & Nick's wedding and getting a chance to spend some quality time with lifelong friends. August also took me like a flying mad woman to Vegas, Denver, Boulder and Houston for which I think I'm still recovering from.

This summer wasn't at all what I expected it to be, it was so much more than I had hoped for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails